AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 12, 2016 07:39AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have a quick question regarding specification of TENT function time window in GLM.

For now, I have the parameters set in a conventional way (e.g., TENT(0,20,11): to get the full response time course from 0–20s; 2s TR) after an auditory event. But as I increase the number of events (to model condition-specific events, such as animal versus speech sounds), modelling 0–20s adds a lot of regressors, which could potentially complain about multicollinearity.

So I was wondering whether restricting the time window of interest using TENT is a good approach (e.g., TENT (4,8,3)). I was uncertain about it because with the less number of regressors in the model, whether baseline be different from using longer-TENT vs. shorter-TENT. That is, the time points not included in the shorter-TENT model GLM (0-4s and 10-20 s) gets included as implicit baseline.? Just one note, I do not want to use HRF like GAM or BLOCK, because I would like to capture a sustained delay activity.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

SJ
Subject Author Posted

Setting up a time-window for a TENT function

sjmich May 12, 2016 07:39AM

Re: Setting up a time-window for a TENT function

gang May 12, 2016 04:18PM

sjmich May 13, 2016 03:41AM

gang May 13, 2016 11:13AM