AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 30, 2016 11:23AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have a question regarding how AFNI sets the image origin (0,0,0) of the mprage (in native space) and EPI images (both in native space).

I have been using both AFNI and SPM to view MPRAGE/ANAT images, and some subjects data show no problem - same origin actually for both programs. But for certain subjects, the origin viewed using AFNI seems to be bit off from the medial (towards right), whereas the same image viewed under SPM, the origin is located in the center (in the medial location). But when I overlay EPI image (converted to nifti) on top of the anatomical image, the alignment is off when I view the images under SPM, while AFNI somehow flickers during viewing and re-adjusts (?), to show aligned image.

I am concerned as I preprocessed all of my data under AFNI, and converted the files to nifti, and I'm analyzing my data under MATLAB and sometimes call SPM functions to read data (using the voxel coordinates)/write them. I checked my functionals mask that I generated under MATLAB were not well aligned to its native MPRAGE when I viewed them under SPM, but it looks fine under AFNI (even I am viewing exactly the same images) - but not for all subjects, for certain ones it is severe.

I wonder whether there are some extra options I have to specify when I convert BRIK files to nifti format..? or need an extra 3drefit call required?? This is not a concern about the orientation flip, SPM viewer flips automatically to neurological order, whereas AFNI shows in RAI..

Thanks in advance!
Michelle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 11:28AM by sjmich.
Subject Author Posted

Native space MPRAGE image origin

sjmich June 30, 2016 11:23AM

Re: Native space MPRAGE image origin

Daniel Glen July 01, 2016 12:57PM

Re: Native space MPRAGE image origin

sjmich July 06, 2016 05:29AM