AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 16, 2016 07:27PM
Since 3dBlurToFWHM uses the temporal noise profile to estimate the smoothness - does it make a difference whether I use it before or after the bandpass? I tried to empirically determine this by measuring the smoothness before and after bandpass with 3dFWHMx, and it seems my bandpass increases the smoothness just a bit.

So I suppose it does.

Would you recommend I smooth before or after the bandpass?

pro-before: this seems more intuitive, I set the spatial data straight, before I start modifying timecourses

pro-after: this would allow me to more precisely specify my target smoothness (as the bandpass will slightly modify it). But I'm wondering if this "modified smoothness" is even meaningful any more
Subject Author Posted

3dBlurToFWHM before or after bandpass?

TheChymera July 16, 2016 07:27PM

Re: 3dBlurToFWHM before or after bandpass?

Bob Cox July 19, 2016 01:15PM