AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 21, 2016 08:54AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have a question how to go about FWE cluster-wise correction after a mild smoothing applied only for the group analysis.

I ran a multivoxel pattern analysis on a native space (without any spatial smoothing), but I wanted to apply a very mild smoothing just prior to the group analysis (i.e., smoothing right after spatial normalization step).
So in this case, I would like to know how I should run 3dClustSim. I read that -acf option takes residual time series (in the standard space), and in my case I only want the smoothing for the group-level.. Should I regenerate residual time series in non-smoothed native space data, and run 3dFWHMx to get parameters for acf?

Also, I make use of 3dLME because of some covariates with multiple factors (but also sometimes 3dttest++).

Thanks for your help,

Best, Michelle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 10:38AM by sjmich.
Subject Author Posted

Cluster correction for the group-level stat after multivariate analysis

sjmich November 21, 2016 08:54AM

Re: Cluster correction for the group-level stat after multivariate analysis

gang November 21, 2016 10:57AM

Re: Cluster correction for the group-level stat after multivariate analysis

sjmich November 21, 2016 11:40AM