AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 12, 2016 03:26PM
Hi, List experts,

I was wondering whether we can directly get the information from the imaging files on how the fMRI data (i.e.,slices) were acquired. For instance, there are at least four types as following. These days I read papers and realize this question which is always in my mind.

Sequential Ascending: 1,2,3,4,5,6
Sequential Descending: 6,5,4,3,2,1
Interleaved Ascending: 1,4,2,5,3,6
Interleaved Descending: 6,3,5,2,4,1

Further, I am noted that an option "tpattern" is corresponding to this, but I do not know exactly how the relates. Any good pointers?

tpattern = Code word that identifies how the slices (z-direction) were gathered in time. The values that can be used:

alt+z = altplus = alternating in the plus direction
alt+z2 = alternating, starting at slice #1
alt-z = altminus = alternating in the minus direction
alt-z2 = alternating, starting at slice #nz-2
seq+z = seqplus = sequential in the plus direction
seq-z = seqminus = sequential in the minus direction
zero = simult = simultaneous acquisition
FROM_IMAGE = (try to) read offsets from input images
@filename = read temporal offsets from 'filename'

Any advice would be much apprecriated.
Juan
Subject Author Posted