AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 17, 2017 09:14AM
I don't know the details of your study nor your analysis, so I can only make some general comment.

> 1. A lot of studies have demonstrated that the pre-processing steps used by the authors still might not fully take
> care of motion artifacts and we know that there are strong group-level differences in motion parameters.

One possibility is to control the motion effect at the group level by using those motion parameters as an explanatory variable (i.e., covariate).

> 2. My main comments to the paper are that the authors do not show how the results could be affected
> by artifacts and noise in the data that clearly affect global connectivity results.

To address that concern, you may perform another analysis without controlling for the effects of those artifacts and noise, and see how they differ.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Motion artifacts correction in AFNI

Naveed January 10, 2017 09:25PM

Re: Motion artifacts correction in AFNI

gang January 17, 2017 09:14AM