AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 08, 2017 06:17PM
Rick-

Thank you for your response. As a follow-up, If I want to use Dimon or to3d, I'll need to set the tpattern and I have a few questions about this.

With our data we pull out the following:

slice instance (DICOM field 0020,0013 (REL Instance Number))
slice location (DICOM field 0020,1041 (REL Slice Location))

If I have two sets of data, both axial collection, both sequential, with the following information:

slice instance slice location (descending)
-----------------------------------
1 2
2 1
3 0
4 -1
5 -2

slice instance slice location (ascending)
-----------------------------------
1 -2
2 -1
3 0
4 1
5 2

How would I set the corresponding tpattern? Would the descending example be seq-z (sequential in the minus direction) and the ascending example be seq+z (sequential in the plus direction)? Is the z-direction referring to increasing or decreasing z-values (slice location values)? I'm confused because the slice number layout in the man page shows slice number and inter-slice time (0-800 and 800-0) which I would interpret as slice 1-5 and 5-1.

-Joel
Subject Author Posted

Dimon, always converted as interleaved (alt+z)

brussj March 01, 2017 05:54PM

Re: Dimon, always converted as interleaved (alt+z)

rick reynolds March 01, 2017 08:14PM

brussj March 08, 2017 06:17PM

rick reynolds March 11, 2017 09:50AM

brussj March 13, 2017 01:14PM

rick reynolds March 13, 2017 01:24PM