AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 21, 2017 04:59PM
Hi AFNI experts,
I will do gPPI analysis to my fMRI data with event-related design. I read the tutorial of gPPI (https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/CD-CorrAna) and I have some questions :
1) How to select a impulse response function in step 3?
A impulse response function is assumed firstly. And then the seed time series is deconvolve (step 3) and Inter_neuA.1D is convolved (step 4) using this response function. Whether some certain requirements for selecting a response function need satisfying? For example, I think it will be better to choose a response function which is the same as the one used in the following GLM regression (step 6). Which function should I choose if the Rmodel used is 'BLOCK5(1,1)' in the following GLM regression?
2) What other modification should I make on the template to make it suite my situation?
The script provided by the link mention above is a template for block design fMRI deconvolved using the Rmodel 'BLOCK(3,1)' in the GLM regression. Whether there are some key difference in the gPPI operation between a block design data using 'BLOCK(3,1)' and my event-related data using 'BLOCK5(1,1)' in the following GLM regression?
3)Whether the signals in the input file pb04.* mentioned in the above link have been scaled to percentages? Need I scale each voxel time series to have a mean of 100 before gPPI?
4)Could you provide more learning materials or links with more detail on how to do gPPI in AFNI ?
I am very sorry to post so many questions to trouble you. But I will be very appreciated with your answers!
Thank you!
Po

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 01:41PM by Ren Po.
Subject Author Posted

How to do gPPI to event-related fMRI ?

Ren Po March 21, 2017 04:59PM

Re: How to do gPPI on event-related fMRI ?

gang March 22, 2017 10:51AM

Re: How to do gPPI to event-related fMRI ?

Ren Po March 23, 2017 06:44PM

rick reynolds March 25, 2017 10:18AM

Ren Po April 04, 2017 03:34PM

Ren Po April 13, 2017 05:11AM

rick reynolds April 17, 2017 12:56PM