AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 01, 2017 04:48PM
Hi AFNI gurus:

Was hoping for a little advice.

For a new study we scan on two consecutive days (each a different condition). Each day gets the same task-based fMRI, resting-state scans, and a MEMPRAGE scan. One of the days also gets a Diffusion weighted scan. My goal is to compare these metrics between days/conditions within-subject, but keep as many of the imaging modalities linked to each other as possible.

Right now I use Freesurfer+SUMA to reconstruct the MEMPRAGE and use it as a base for functional analyses (both task and resting), and for diffusion-scans using FAT)CAT to link it all together. Thought given that the Diffusion image is only on Day 2, I've started questioning which T1/MEMPRAGE scan to use.

Is it better to use each day's own scan as an anatomical base (i suppose theoretically closer in alignment to the functionals) but each day's data would be out of alignment with the other day's, or pick the best scan of either day and use it for "everything." The benefit of the latter approach would clearly be that all data for both days has an identical registration base and therefore easily related to one-another.

Anyone have similar pipelines for their data?

Thanks in advance for the insight!!!
Jared
Subject Author Posted

Scanning on two consecutive days: which anatomical to use?

Jared Saletin May 01, 2017 04:48PM

Re: Scanning on two consecutive days: which anatomical to use?

Peter Molfese May 02, 2017 04:23PM

Jared Saletin May 03, 2017 12:18PM

Peter Molfese May 03, 2017 03:33PM

Jared Saletin May 03, 2017 04:04PM

Peter Molfese May 03, 2017 04:50PM