AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 02, 2017 12:37PM
Dear AFNI experts,

I pre-processed using afni_proc.py (example #11a) resting state data. I have two groups of participants (teenagers and adults). I am now looking into using the program 3dSetupGroupInCorr to set up the data to run 3dGroupInCorr.

In the documentation, it is mentioned that all datasets use the same mask. To be clear, I need to create a group mask that encompasses both teenagers and adults. Is this correct? In other words, I would create a group mask with all participants included and then run 3dSetupGroupInCorr for each group with that mask. Is this correct?

Also, in the documentation, in the example given, the mask is created from individual EPI automasks by using 3dMean and 3dcalc. Looking at the output of my afni_proc.py script, I have 3 types of mask:
1. mask_anat_S203_FS+tlrc
2. mask_group+tlrc
3. mask_epi_extents+tlrc

From reading documentation online, I saw that the mask_group+tlrc can be used to create a group mask using 3dMean. Could I use this anatomical mask instead of an EPI mask to input into 3dSetupGroupInCorr? If not, where do I find the EPI mask at the subject level in the output directory?

Thank you very much,

Isabelle
Subject Author Posted

Mask for 3dSetupGroupInCorr

isades May 02, 2017 12:37PM

Re: Mask for 3dSetupGroupInCorr

rick reynolds May 02, 2017 04:41PM