AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 23, 2017 04:25PM
I'm doing a one-sample 3dMEMA analysis with two covariates (contained in a text file with the recommended format). Could you please clarify the following from the help file, under the -covariates_center option:

If you want all covariates centered about their own mean, just use -covariates_center mean. Be alert: Default is mean centering!

So if the -covariates_center option is not called, will each covariate be centered about its own mean by default? If so, why would one need to "use covariates_center mean" as stated above? And does one simply type the word "mean", or the actual numerical means of each covariate? All the examples provided seem to be for two-sample scenarios.

I'm also not sure whether I need the -covariates_model option for a one-sample test.
Subject Author Posted

Covariate centering options in 3dMEMA

d.r.alkire July 23, 2017 04:25PM

Re: Covariate centering options in 3dMEMA

gang July 24, 2017 03:02PM