AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 29, 2017 09:20AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I'm trying to analyze data from 17 subject using 3dMVM. Brain activity was estimated using TENT basis functions (8 basis functions). I have 2 additional within subjects factors: Condition (Neutral, Negative), and Delay (Short, Medium, Long). This means 17 * 8 * 2 * 3 = 816 response values.

When I run the analysis, 3dMVM correctly reports the contingency tables and succesfully reads input files.
Unfortunately, then the program seems to take an infinite time to perform the analysis. I waited for 8 hours but it stood still, without reporting the analysis of the first slice.

May this be related to the quite large number of response values? Is there something wrong in my code? (see below)

Useful informations: I run AFNI on "virtual" Ubuntu (through VirtualBox). The virtual machine has 4 processors (of 8 total in my PC), and 8 GB RAM (of 12). So it is not a particularly slow machine, and was in fact able to perform many analysis using AFNI.

----
These are the first lines of the script:
-3dMVM \
-prefix MVM_results \
-jobs 4 \
-wsVars "Condition*Delay*Time" \
-mask ../groupmask/NoiseMask+tlrc \
-SS_type 3 \
-num_glt 3 \
-gltLabel 1 'Negative' -gltCode 1 'Condition : 1*Negative' \
-gltLabel 2 'Neutral' -gltCode 2 'Condition : 1*Neutral' \
-gltLabel 3 'Neg-Neu' -gltCode 3 'Condition : 1*Negative -1*Neutral' \