AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 12, 2017 03:49PM
To answer your first question: only 3dREMLfit deals with temporal autocorrelation.

To answer your more philosophical question is more complicated.

In the past, 3dREMLfit was much slower than 3dDeconvolve, and computers were also much slower. The result was that there was a significant time penalty for using 3dREMLfit. And at the **group level**, there is very little difference between the group analysis results using 3dREMLfit and using 3dDeconvolve for the individual subject task analyses.

In the present, I have speeded up 3dREMLfit, and also computers are much faster. The upshot is that I personally always use 3dREMLfit for my task analyses. Also, 3dREMLfit has a capability that 3dDeconvolve does not have: voxel-wise regressors, which means that ANATICOR can be used with 3dREMLfit.
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve Autocorrelation

aclynn11 September 12, 2017 12:01PM

Re: 3dDeconvolve Autocorrelation

Bob Cox September 12, 2017 03:49PM