AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 29, 2017 04:43PM
> Should I get the ACF values from each subject's first-level errts_REML, average those, and then feed those into 3dClustSim?
> Or is it okay if I just get the ACF values from the 3dLME residuals and use those for 3dClustSim?

Theoretically speaking the ACF estimates from the 3dLME residuals should be fine for 3dClustSim. It would be interesting to compare the ACF estimates at the group level and the ones at the individual level.

> I was wondering - would it be ok to make my outcome variable the first-level contrast of interest? (i.e., cue_negative-cue_neutral#Coef)?

If the contrast is what you're looking for, then running the group analysis directly with the contrast is preferred, and makes everything more straightforward.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Best practices for 3dLME - two questions for Gang :)

vumeyer September 28, 2017 04:26PM

Re: Best practices for 3dLME - two questions for Gang :)

gang September 29, 2017 04:43PM

Re: Best practices for 3dLME - two questions for Gang :)

vumeyer October 01, 2017 10:17PM