AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 29, 2017 08:52AM
Hi gurus...

We have been been having some issues when dynamically working with 3dGroupInCorr (when being logged in remotely on a server with afni installed). The user computer is a Windows Computer and the same issue occurs when connecting via either MobaXterm or Putty.

problem description
I am doing an exploratory functional connectivity analysis. So I combined the resting state files of all participants to one file (using 3dSetupGroupInCorr). Then I open this file using

afni -niml &
3dGroupInCorr -setA MDD.grpincorr.niml (this niml file is created by 3dSetupGroupInCorr)

That gives me a temporary file in afni in which I can dynamically set seeds to test whole brain functional connectivity. It works fine whenever I first set a seed but then it disconnects, so I cannot use functions like InstaCorr Seed Jump (to jump back to my seed location) or set a new seed.

EDIT: The same error occurs when running it via ThinLinc (i.e. a remote desktop session). So it does not seem to depend on how you connect to the server. One would probably get the same error if you ran it from the server room in a local session.

EDIT: Afni version:
Precompiled binary linux_openmp_64: Aug 9 2017 (Version AFNI_17.2.07)

We seem to have found what causes it. It is no trouble changing seed region until you open the Where I'm I function. If you change seed when that window is open it crashes. Even if you close Where Im I before changing​ the seed it gets the connection broken error.!

Ideas of why?

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 05:20AM by Robin.
Attachments:
open | download - afni-issues2.jpg (382.3 KB)
Subject Author Posted

AFNI GIC: connection to 3dGroupInCorr is broken Attachments

Robin November 29, 2017 08:52AM

Re: AFNI GIC: connection to 3dGroupInCorr is broken

Bob Cox November 30, 2017 11:23AM

Robin December 01, 2017 10:13AM

Daniel Glen November 30, 2017 01:29PM