AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 19, 2017 04:38PM
Hello all,

Following the instructions, I was able to run the real-time demo using programs under AFNI_data6/realtime_demos, but there are still a few things not clear to me.
My settings: - The three components (1) image monitor (using Dimon), (2) afni+ RT plugin, (3) real-time receiver are run on the same system (a Mac).
- I use Matlab installed on a separate PC to display feedback.
- Data from the scanner are deposited in real-time to a folder in the Mac.

Question 1. Do I have to always open three different Terminals to run the three afni components above? Will this work for real scanning as well or just for offline testing (given the following: AFNI_TRUSTHOST = localhost / AFNI_REALTIME_MP_HOST_PORT = localhost:53214 / Data from the scanner are deposited in real-time to a folder in the Mac)?

Question 2. Is there any concern about processing speed if the three components are run on the same computer?

Question 3. I see no options in the 'realtime_receiver' where I can set a path and a prefix for the text files that store ROI data (average or all voxels) that this program will output at each time point. By "path", I mean I want to write data to a local folder that my Matlab program from the other PC can access instead of outputting data to the serial port. I tried setting AFNI_REALTIME_WRITEMODE=1 and AFNI_REALTIME_Root = <somepath>/<some prefix>, but could not find text files anywhere. Did I do something not right?

Question 4. Also in terms of timing, what is the typical delay between the time an EPI.dcm is received and the time the corresponding text file for ROI data is generated?

Thank you for your helps.

Duong
Subject Author Posted

real time afni question (12/12/17 re-posted)

dlhuynh December 19, 2017 04:38PM

Re: real time afni question (12/12/17 re-posted)

rick reynolds December 20, 2017 09:40AM

dlhuynh December 21, 2017 01:13PM

rick reynolds December 27, 2017 12:41PM

dlhuynh December 28, 2017 12:58PM

rick reynolds January 05, 2018 09:59AM