AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 25, 2018 06:08PM
Hi,

I can't get align_epi_anat.py to run without using an autoweight in 3dAllineate. From the documentation, I would think passing 3dAllineate_opts "-nomask" should do the trick, but it doesn't:

#++ Aligning dset1 data to dset2 data
#Script is running (command trimmed):
3dAllineate -mi -wtprefix ./__tt_mr_pre_ob_al_wtal -weight ./__tt_ct_implant_res_shft_ts_wt+orig -source ./__tt_mr_pre_ob+orig -prefix ./__tt_mr_pre_ob_temp_al -base ./__tt_ct_implant_res_shft_ts+orig -nocmass -1Dmatrix_save ./mr_pre_al_e2a_only_mat.aff12.1D -master SOURCE -nomask -onepass

As you can see, the -nomask argument indeed gets passed to the 3dAllineate call, but so does an auto-weight. It turns out that my alignments have a higher success rate (and I can avoid "weight is never positive" errors) if I don't use any weights. The work-around I'm currently using is to break the script at this point, copy the 3dAllineate comman, delete the "-weight" arguments, run the modified allineate command, and then rerun the rest of align_epi_anat.py's commands.

Am I missing something in the documentation regarding this option?

Mike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 10:57AM by mstrotta.
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat.py should have option for -nomask/weight

mstrotta January 25, 2018 06:08PM