AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
ns
January 25, 2018 06:18PM
Hello AFNI users,
I’m running a correlation analysis using the 3dfim+ command and I have some questions about the ideal function.
I'm currently using the whole amygdala as seed region, resulting in 172 ideals. I read in the 3dfim+ documentation that, when there are multiple ideals, “the kth ideal is referred to as the ‘Best Index’, and the program reports the parameters alpha, p, etc., for the Best Index only”.

I'd rather prefer to use as ideal an estimate of the time course of the seed region instead of 172 ideals. Is there a way to estimate the time course of the entire seed region (or a subset of voxels) and use then just one ideal as input in 3dfim+? would the result of this correlation be appropriate?

Thanks,
ns
Subject Author Posted

reduction of ideals in 3dfim+

ns January 25, 2018 06:18PM

Re: reduction of ideals in 3dfim+

Daniel Glen January 26, 2018 10:24AM

ns January 26, 2018 11:53AM

ns January 29, 2018 05:29PM