AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 04, 2019 06:47PM
Hi-

Using align_epi_anat.py, I was unable to achieve good alignment, so I did a manual alignment, to make align_epi_anat.py's job easier.

Instead, my brains, which were aligned in original space, became unaligned in Talairach space.

Here is the align_epi_anat.py command I use:

align_epi_anat.py -anat2epi -anat ${subj}_mpra+orig \
-save_skullstrip -suffix _al_junk \
-epi ${subj}_run${run}+orig -epi_base 78 \
-epi_strip 3dAutomask \
-volreg off -tshift off

After Talairaching the anatomy and doing volume registration on the functional data, the volreg, epi2anat and tlrc transformations get catenated, using the following:

cat_matvec -ONELINE \
${subj}_mpra_ns+tlrc::WARP_DATA -I \
${subj}_mpra_al_junk_mat.aff12.1D -I \
mat.r0$run.vr.aff12.1D > mat.r0$run.warp.aff12.1D

Because I already aligned the EPI and anal images by hand, the epi2anat transformation shouldn't be very much.

Yet the Talairached images are poorly aligned.

Please help me if you can.

I can send along script and data sets, as needed.

Thanks,

Jim Waltz
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat.py causes my brain to become UNALIGNED

James Waltz November 04, 2019 06:47PM

Re: align_epi_anat.py causes my brain to become UNALIGNED

ptaylor November 04, 2019 08:52PM

James Waltz November 05, 2019 10:26AM

ptaylor November 06, 2019 11:17AM