AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 24, 2019 02:40PM
Hey everyone:

Sorry for the beginner question. I want to look at the response of a particular ROI to stimuli on a trial-by-trial basis. After performing a more 'traditional' ROI analysis on the beta weights of (e.g.) the amygdala I found no difference in the amygdala's response to different stimuli but I believe this is in large part because the amygdala habituates quickly. So basically I want to look at the amygdala's response (and potentially the IRF) to trial 1, trial 2, etc. Like a lot of studies though, my design is event related (not block) so I can't just look at the scaled time course (pre deconvolution).

Is there an option in the deconvolution program (or a different program) where I can get trial by trial responses or trial by trial IRFs?
Will `-stim_times_IM` give me what I'm looking for? It seems like this might work to give me individual numbers - betas? - that I could pull out of an ROI mask to show how the ROI responds over which, which would be one of the things I want.

I also know I can get IRFs with the `iresp` option but does that just give me one average IRF? If so, is there a way to get individual trial IRFs for a specific ROI?

Thank you so much.
-Lauren
Subject Author Posted

Trial-by-Trial ROI response?

lhopkins November 24, 2019 02:40PM

Re: Trial-by-Trial ROI response?

gang November 26, 2019 09:06AM

lhopkins December 02, 2019 07:57PM

gang December 03, 2019 01:08PM