AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 09, 2018 12:15PM
Hello AFNI-gurus!
I'm aligning EPI to anat using align_epi_anat.py. Here is the command I'm using:
align_epi_anat.py -anat ${Part[${SLURM_ID}]}_T1_S+orig \
-epi ${Let}_${run}_Cat_S_TS_VR+orig. \
-volreg off \
-epi_base 0 \
-deoblique off \
-tshift off \
-epi2anat \
-save_tsh \
-save_vr \
-cost lpc \
-giant_move \
-suffix _A+orig \
-epi_strip None \
-anat_has_skull no \
-overwrite

But after this step I'm getting stray voxels outside the brain (Aligned.png) that did not exist before alignment. This is happening in every subject, across all runs,. And I don't have any concerning movement (as seen from volreg, which I'm running separately) so the ghosting is likely not due to movement.

Additionally, normalising this data cause a lot of bleeding out of the brain(Normalised.png). That's concerning because when I run 3dDeconvolve on this data I'm getting (the much-elusive, corrected) "blobs" outside the brain. So I'm a little hesitant to ignore the problem! Does anyone have any suggestions about why this might be happening, and what I could do to prevent it?

Thanks a lot!
Mrinmayi
Attachments:
open | download - Aligned.png (208.6 KB)
open | download - Normalised.png (55 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Ghosting in alignment Attachments

mrinmayi April 09, 2018 12:15PM

Re: Ghosting in alignment

Daniel Glen April 10, 2018 12:21PM

mrinmayi April 11, 2018 06:47PM

Daniel Glen April 11, 2018 07:56PM