AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 30, 2018 03:48PM
Q1: It does not make sense to use amplitude modulation with IM, since computing the coefficient (beta) for the AM component requires at least TWO events -- one for the beta describing the mean response, and one for the beta describing the variable response. With IM, there is only one event per regressor. Instead of AM, you get a different beta for each event time in the same stimulus file -- and then have to combine those betas somehow to get useful information.

Q2: Yes, only one IM regressor is allowed in 3dLSS. This program was a quick implementation for someone (and now I don't even remember why I wrote this code). I am unlikely to make any changes to it, since 3dLSS is very low priority for me.
Subject Author Posted

Two Beta Series Questions

s1110a April 20, 2018 04:20PM

Re: Two Beta Series Questions

RWCox April 30, 2018 03:48PM