AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 02, 2018 06:14PM
Okay, thanks for the suggestion to switch to make_random_timing.py. I'm still confused about the question I originally asked you though. Generating the stimulus schedule with make_random_timing.py results in stimulus schedules where some trials are back-to-back and with no rest in between them. Looking at one of my schedules, there is even the case where there are 4 trials that end up being back-to-back with no rest in between them. Is this problematic from the perspective of deconvolving the HRF if you end up having trials that are back-to-back like that somewhat often? I am running several iterations of this routine, testing with 3dDeconvolve to get the efficiency for the contrast I'm interested in, and then taking the most efficient schedule, but I'm still wondering if I need to do additional QC of the stim schedules by excluding any schedules where there is too high of a proportion of 'back-to-back' trials, or too many back-to-back trials in a row?

For comparison's sake I also tried testing out make_random_timing.py without time-locking it to a TR and there are also instances where there is no rest between trails (effectively an ISI=0) but it was very rare compared to creating stimulus schedules with the time-locking.

Thanks so much for your conceptual help with this!!
Subject Author Posted

No rest in between trials with RSFgen?

MundayNB April 30, 2018 02:12PM

Re: No rest in between trials with RSFgen?

RWCox May 01, 2018 03:26PM

ptaylor May 01, 2018 08:44PM

MundayNB May 02, 2018 06:14PM

rick reynolds May 03, 2018 02:36PM