AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 03, 2018 09:20AM
I can tell you WHAT this error is, but not how to fix it :(

3dDespike is written to use the OpenMP parallelizing system for speed -- that is, it runs in multiple threads. The binary version of AFNI you have installed must be compiled to use OpenMP using gcc. "libgomp" is "library gcc OpenMP" -- but that is not installed on your computer.

Fixing this requires either (a) using a version of Linux that supports OpenMP, or (b) installing AFNI binaries that do not use OpenMP -- which will be slower. I guess that you are using one of the "linux_openmp" binaries -- to check, type the command 'afni --ver'. You could try installing one of the "linux_xorg7" binaries instead. However, using OpenMP will make various AFNI programs run faster (that's the point of OpenMP), so it would be better to use a Linux version/gcc installation that supports OpenMP. But I can't tell you how to do that.
Subject Author Posted

3dDespike error

mshpaner May 02, 2018 10:36AM

Re: 3dDespike error

RWCox May 03, 2018 09:20AM

Re: 3dDespike error

rick reynolds May 03, 2018 04:24PM