AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 11, 2018 10:43PM
1) Difference between native mesh and standard mesh
I open the meshes with the following commands, and press Z for the same number of times to arrive at presumably the same view point:
suma -i lh.smoothwm.asc &
suma -i std.200.lh.smoothwm.asc &
As shown in the attached picture, the difference are mainly two-fold:
First, there seems to be a small global shift in the std mesh (leftward and downward). Is this a real shift in the vertices coordinates, or just a visualization issue?
Second, there are small differences in the shape of small surface spikes and the shade of surface dents (highlighted in the black circles). I guess these are acceptable resampling error and should not be worried about. Am I correct?

2) If the above are not to be worried, is there any reason or circumstance that argues in favor of using native mesh compared with standard mesh? Assuming that one is just interested in doing single subject level analysis.

3) As per afni version "Precompiled binary macosx_10.7_local: Apr 30 2018 (Version AFNI_18.1.09)", there seems to be a minor bug in @surf_to_vol_spackle which prevents it from executing. In line 205,
set surfB_arg = "-surfB $surfB"
perhaps should be
set surfB_arg = "-surf_B $surfB"

4) What should I use for -maskset option?
It seems that the -maskset is also used as -sv, so does it need to have the same xform embedded in its .HEAD as SurfVol_Alnd_Exp+orig.HEAD?
Also, should it be a mask that only has 1's in the gray matter, and 0's elsewhere? How to construct such a mask in the first place before using 3dSurf2Vol?

Thanks for your patience for reading through so many questions:P

Best regards,
Chencan Qian
Attachments:
open | download - anything_odd.png (227.7 KB)
Subject Author Posted

How to get a denser mesh for a surface?

herrlich10 May 10, 2018 12:07PM

Re: How to get a denser mesh for a surface?

Daniel Glen May 10, 2018 04:28PM

herrlich10 May 10, 2018 10:02PM

Daniel Glen May 11, 2018 10:29AM

Re: How to get a denser mesh for a surface? Attachments

herrlich10 May 11, 2018 10:43PM

Daniel Glen May 12, 2018 11:33PM

Re: How to get a denser mesh for a surface? Attachments

EXP.2086 January 06, 2019 04:05AM