AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 23, 2018 05:56PM
Hello,

I am trying to implement 3dDeconvolve and 3dLSS to model individual trials for MVPA (following Mumford et al. 2012 suggestions). I've read the 3dLSS documentation page and other questions on this message board, but I'd like to clarify a step in this process.

The documentation for 3dLSS states for the 'matrix' option: "Read the matrix 'mmm', which should have been output from 3dDeconvolve via the '-x1D' option, and should have included exactly one '-stim_times_IM' option."

Regarding the instructions 'exactly one -stim_times_IM option' - suppose I have 3 conditions of interest in my experiment. Does this mean that when running 3dDeconvolve, that I can only specify -stim_times_IM for one of those conditions? Would this mean that I would have to run 3dDeconvolve three separate times and each time specify -stim_times_IM for one of the conditions?

Alternatively, I was thinking I can merge all the stim times for my conditions into one .1D stim times file. Then I could run 3dDeconvolve and specify -stim_times_IM for that one merged condition, and proceed with using 3dLSS from there.

Please advise what approach would be best. Thank you so much for the help and clarification.
Subject Author Posted

3dLSS with multiple experimental conditions

cgodwin9 May 23, 2018 05:56PM

Re: 3dLSS with multiple experimental conditions

RWCox May 25, 2018 04:02PM