AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 18, 2020 04:40AM
Hi!

I updated AFNI om my ubuntu 18 machine:
Precompiled binary linux_openmp_64: Feb 14 2020 (Version AFNI_20.0.09 'Galba')

I ran
afni_system_check -check_all

And ran into some expected problems (like an R-package missing due to, I presume, new functionality). But the real problem here are these errors:
testing ability to start various programs...
    afni                 : success
    suma                 : success
    3dSkullStrip         : FAILURE
        3dSkullStrip: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    uber_subject.py      : success
    3dAllineate          : success
    3dRSFC               : FAILURE
        3dRSFC: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    SurfMesh             : success
    3dClustSim           : success
    3dMVM                : success

I.e. the problem is libgsl.so.0. It also complained about libxp6 but I could fix that (sudo -E apt-get install libxp6).

I found a post on the message board here which suggested to install the GNU Science Toolbox via
sudo -E apt-get install libgsl0ldbl
But that command tells me that
However the following packages replace it:
  libgsl23 libgslcblas0:i386 libgsl23:i386 libgslcblas0

E: Package 'libgsl0ldbl' has no installation candidate
And libgsl23 is already installed. I don't seem to have the libgsl.so.0 file. This is the content:
ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl*
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgslcblas.so.0  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.19  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.23  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.23.0.0
I exported this variable so that AFNI sees
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
And I ran according the installation guide:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.23 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.19

But nothing seems to help. Google confuses me since all posts assume that you have the libgsl.so.0 file.

Any ideas?! Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 04:47AM by Robin.
Subject Author Posted

Updated AFNI and no longer pass afni_system_check: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file

Robin February 18, 2020 04:40AM

Re: Updated AFNI and no longer pass afni_system_check: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file

Robin February 18, 2020 04:47AM

Re: Updated AFNI and no longer pass afni_system_check: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file

ptaylor February 18, 2020 05:56AM

Robin February 18, 2020 07:06AM

ptaylor February 18, 2020 08:02AM

Robin February 18, 2020 09:02AM

ptaylor February 18, 2020 09:45AM