AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 20, 2018 09:57AM
Good morning everyone,
I'm analyzing a child population dataset and create a custom template was one of the suggestions that were given to me. During this week I've been studying some methods, and I learned that @toMNI_Qwarpar (and @toMNI_Awarp) was the pipeline used to create the Haskins pediatric brain atlas.
Reading @toMNI_Qwarpar script code, the 'minpatch' flag from 3dQwarp caught my attention since it seems to be a pre-defined value that decreases at each warping sequence (101, 49, 23, 13).
From what I understand, it's likely related to an optimization problem of the non-linear warp cost function used by AFNI, and from the documentation; the -minpatch should be an odd integer, and the minimum is 5. I'd like to understand more about this specific parameter, what's behind it and how it should be chosen with the purpose of creating a study-specific template. Actually, it would be great if someone posts some references here since I couldn't find any paper for Haskins pediatric template.
I'm very thankful for whom can help me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 09:18AM by José Filho.
Subject Author Posted

3dQwarp: minimum patch

José Filho September 20, 2018 09:57AM

Re: 3dQwarp: minimum patch

Peter Molfese September 20, 2018 01:55PM

Re: 3dQwarp: minimum patch

José Filho September 21, 2018 09:15AM