AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 02, 2018 10:05PM
Hello!

Group Level Analysis is fairly new to me, and although I have read some AFNI documentation regarding its use, there are still some concepts that I don't understand well enough. Below my questions I'll describe the paradigm that I'm using, to provide context.

1: What are the differences, if any, of p & q values in 1st level analysis versus GLA?
2: How strict must one be when choosing p/q values to interpret results in GLA?
3: Do p/q values have different meanings when transitioning from 1st level analysis to GLA?

I'm currently working on a project with a paradigm consisting of three conditions, and am performing EEG-informed fMRI analysis on a small sample of subjects, for now. I'm using 9 regressors in my GLM. 3 regressors describe onset timing of an event, per condition. The other 6 regressors are produced by AM2 for the time-value of an EEG feature some time after onset, coupled with the value of that EEG feature (mean & modulated amplitude, per condition). Subject-wise, I can visually see some decent trends in activation areas across subjects when viewing the AM2 regressor t-scores (however, visualization is best when using p-values more the majority of subjects). Looking back on the output for each proc per subject, However, when I take the Coefficients from GLM into 3dttest++ to find common areas of amplitude modulation, the lowest q values available range from 0.8 to 0.9, so once again I'm forced to visualize results with only p < 0.05.

As a side note, performing GLA on the regressors that do not involve the EEG feature (just the onset timing), low q values are achieved and the results definitely make sense, which should validate the process.

Thank you to all who take the time to read this.
Subject Author Posted

Questions on Statistical Significance of Results in 3dttest++ (GLA)

m.houston81 October 02, 2018 10:05PM

Re: Questions on Statistical Significance of Results in 3dttest++ (GLA)

gang October 03, 2018 04:09PM