AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 31, 2018 06:21AM
Good morning, I'm having troubles with 3dcalc. The line is
3dcalc -a 'mask_x+orig[0]' -b map_x+orig -expr 'b+step(a)*(a*(32+1)-b)' -prefix map_x_1

AFNI version is AFNI_18.3.03 (Oct 19 2018) [64-bit]. This line is inside a for loop, and it has been executed 30 times before giving the error. map_x is created by another 3dcalc line, and it is a 3D dataset, while mask_x is 3D+time, with 210 time points. The message I receive is

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
3dcalc main
Bottom of Debug Stack
** Command line was:
3dcalc -a 'mask_x+orig[0]' -b map_x+orig -expr 'b+step(a)*(a*(32+1)-b)' -prefix map_x_1
** AFNI version = AFNI_18.3.03 Compile date = Oct 19 2018
** [[Precompiled binary linux_ubuntu_16_64: Oct 19 2018]]
** Program Death **
** If you report this crash to the AFNI message board,
** please copy the error messages EXACTLY, and give
** the command line you used to run the program, and
** any other information needed to repeat the problem.
** You may later be asked to upload data to help debug.
** Crash log is appended to file /home/cauzzo_s/.afni.crashlog

I tried to rerun the program and it always fail at the same iteration. If I try to run 3dinfo mask_x+orig or 3dinfo map_x+orig I get the warning "*+ WARNING: THD_zzprintf() long string truncation = the ZSS syndrome" an infinite number of times. But I can open both datasets with the afni display gui, and they look correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 06:26AM by SC5.
Subject Author Posted

3dcalc FATAL SIGNAL 11

Simone Cauzzo October 31, 2018 06:21AM

Re: 3dcalc FATAL SIGNAL 11

rick reynolds October 31, 2018 02:58PM