AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 26, 2018 03:48PM
Hello Gang,

I have a follow up question regarding the F-stats when using TENT. I can not find the answer in the afni slides. Maybe a stupid question.

I have a condition Lure_Object_FA, which I model in 3dDeconvolve by using 5 TENT regressors. I also performed a linear test
-gltsym 'SYM: +Lure_Obj_FA[1..3]' -glt_label 1 'Lure_Obj_FA'

What is the difference between the partial F-stats from the TENTS and the F-stats from this GLT?
When I understand correctly, the partial F-stats for the TENTS (#0 - #4 for Lure_Object_FA) is comparing the error sum of squares from the full model with the error sum of squares from the reduced model (where all 5 TENT parameters that are related to the condition Lure_Object_FA are removed).

I guess I still don t understand what exactly is analyzed/compared when performing a linear contrast like in the above GLT.
I would really like to understand this.

Thank you very much in advance!
Carolin
Subject Author Posted

comparing different basis functions

carolin31 November 16, 2018 03:22PM

Re: comparing different basis functions

gang November 16, 2018 04:42PM

carolin31 November 26, 2018 03:48PM

gang November 26, 2018 04:57PM