AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 14, 2019 05:14PM
Hi Jun and Daniel-

Just chiming in a little to say that to my own eyes your first set of screenshots looked like the mask was more in the internal globus pallidus and after the shift looks better but still more like the central nucleus of the amygdala... so I'd be careful about the initial input masks. I checked FSLeyes and they don't seem to have the structure, and yes, it's in SPM's Anatomy toolbox but I'm not sure what happened during your particular transfer/transform. Manually drawing on the group average of your nonlinearly-normalized structurals shouldn't be too time-consuming in AFNI, so you may just want to do that. Naturally, only after your eyes have adjusted more to where the structure actually is based on quality work like Zaborszky's and others.

Just my $0.02, motivated in part by empathy to difficulties dealing with small and under-studied subcortical structures. Good luck!

-Sam
Subject Author Posted

Nucleus Basalis of Meynert

Junyeon March 01, 2019 03:10PM

Re: Nucleus Basalis of Meynert

Daniel Glen March 01, 2019 06:34PM

Re: Nucleus Basalis of Meynert Attachments

Junyeon March 11, 2019 12:23PM

Daniel Glen March 13, 2019 12:32PM

Junyeon March 14, 2019 10:57AM