AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 05, 2019 05:59PM
Hi, Shana-

I'm not quite understanding what data you have available after running FS. Typically, there is a directory (let's call it DDD) that contains subdirectories such as "label/", "mri/", "scripts/", etc. Then, to convert everything to AFNI+SUMA, you could just run something like this:
@SUMA_Make_Spec_FS                            \
    -NIFTI                                    \
    -fspath DDD                \
    -sid    SSS
where SSS will be prefix used in naming convert files like the "SurfVol" dset. This will generate a new subdirectory in DDD called SUMA/, which will contain the AFNI+SUMA outputs.

Do you *not* have a main directory like DDD?

Re. "-use_mgz": I have never used this option, so I am not exactly sure of its purpose actually... Can I ask why you want to use that? Looking at the @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS help file, under the "-NIFTI" option, which you are also using, please note the last line copied here:
-NIFTI :Produce files in exchangeable formats. With this option
           :COR volumes are no longer used and output volumes
           :and surfaces are in alignment with the original 
           :volume used to create the surface. All volumes are
            written out NIFTI format, and all surfaces are
            in GIFTI format.

This option is incompatible with -neuro or -use_mgz
So, it looks like having -NIFTI and -use_mgz would be conflicting options

I believe that something quite close to the first command posted in this reply ("@SUMA_Make_Spec_FS ...") would make it possible to do 3dLME, etc. analysis, so perhaps that would be worth trying?

Re. 12000 subjects (!!!!), wow! Ummm, I guess it would be computer-RAM dependent, I don't know.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Freesurfer .mgz to .niml for 3dMVM, 3dLME etc

shanaadise March 05, 2019 02:22PM

Re: Freesurfer .mgz to .niml for 3dMVM, 3dLME etc

ptaylor March 05, 2019 05:59PM

shanaadise March 05, 2019 06:39PM

Peter Molfese March 05, 2019 08:52PM

shanaadise March 08, 2019 02:01PM