AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 09, 2019 09:31PM
Hi everyone. This one is probably for Gang,
I have 2 quick questions about 3dLME syntax.

Currently I have 2 within-subjects fixed variables - cs (csm, csp, cst) and scan (scan1, scan2) - and I'd like to investigate the difference between each cs within the same scan and between the same cs between the two scans. So I'd like t-test between csm & csp, csm & cst, and csp & cst during scan1 and then during scan2 while also getting t-tests between the csm in scan 1 and the csm in scan2 (and also the csp & cst). I have set up my 3dLME call as follows with gltCode 1-6 for the companions within the same scans the gltCode 7-9 for the comparisons between the same cs but different scans. While I think the first 1-6 are right looking at the help page for 3dLME, the contrasts 7-9 threw me off because there were no examples of 2 within-subjects variables so I just want to ensure this will get me the contrasts I am looking for.

3dLME -prefix LME_test1 -jobs 24 \
-model "cs*scan+sex+stais+stait" \
-qvars "sex,stais,stait" \
-ranEff '~1+CS" \
-SS_type 3 \
-num_glt 9 \
-gltLabel 1 'csm-csp1' -gltCode 1 'cs : 1*csm -1*csp scan : 1*scan1' \
-gltLabel 2 'csp-cst1' -gltCode 2 'cs : 1*csp -1*cst scan : 1*scan1' \
-gltLabel 3 'csm-cst1' -gltCode 3 'cs : 1*csm -1*cst scan : 1*scan1' \
-gltLabel 4 'csm-csp2' -gltCode 4 'cs : 1*csm -1*csp scan : 1*scan2' \
-gltLabel 5 'csp-cst2' -gltCode 5 'cs : 1*csp -1*cst scan : 1*scan2' \
-gltLabel 6 'csm-cst2' -gltCode 6 'cs : 1*csm -1*cst scan : 1*scan2' \
-gltLabel 7 'csm1-csm2' -gltCode 7 'cs : 1*csm scan : 1*scan1 -1*scan2' \
-gltLabel 8 'csp1-csp2' -gltCode 8 'cs : 1*csp scan : 1*scan1 -1*scan2' \
-gltLabel 9 'cst1-csmt' -gltCode 9 'cs : 1*cst scan : 1*scan1 -1*scan2' \
-num_glf 2 \
-glfLabel 1 'csm-csp1' -glfCode 1 'scan : 1*scan1 cs : 1*csm -1*csp & 1*csm -1*cst' \
-glfLabel 2 'csm-csp2' -glfCode 2 'scan : 1*scan2 cs : 1*csm -1*csp & 1*csm -1*cst' \
-dataTable @table.txt

My last question - I have read in another post you can't have something like a 'sex' variable in your model as I have above because it is not quantitative. is this true? The 'condition' codes in the examples are not quantitative either but then these are not covariates. Since I am interested in controlling for sex in my model is there a way to include this kind of information or no?

Thanks Gang!

EDIT: I thought of one more question in the meantime. For the input files should these be the appropriate sub-briks of the stats dataset (like in the 3dANOVAs) or something else like the REML datasets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2019 03:37PM by lhopkins.
Subject Author Posted

3dLME syntax and sex as a variable

lhopkins March 09, 2019 09:31PM

Re: 3dLME syntax and sex as a variable

gang March 10, 2019 06:07PM