AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 18, 2019 03:22PM
I'll start by saying, we recommend afni_proc.py, which is a superscript for accomplishing most of your fMRI analysis needs. You can see more info in the docs and class handouts.

To your specific questions on the fairly abstract description of your task:

1. Do not do #1 without some hefty processing (e.g. converting to signal change, detrending, censoring, many more to list)
2. This is a potentially useful way to go
3. Unless you have a specific "wouldn't this be great for methods" question, I wouldn't advise on #3. The fundamentals of measuring "activation" in a block design using a "let's average some runs" mentality are often better addressed using regression.
4. My main recommendation is to use afni_proc.py to process the two runs at the same time. This will take care of the concerns in #1, give you the power to do #2, and essentially do #3. Using afni_proc.py, you could also setup GLT "contrasts" to compare run 1 and run 2 if that's of interest.
Subject Author Posted

Analysis of two independent scans, same task, on the same day

Dxc536 March 18, 2019 11:25AM

Re: Analysis of two independent scans, same task, on the same day

Peter Molfese March 18, 2019 03:22PM

Dxc536 March 18, 2019 06:20PM

Peter Molfese March 18, 2019 07:27PM