AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 04, 2019 10:10AM
Hello Gang!

This might be a silly question, but I was intrigued when reading about BayesianGroupAna.py. Especially since you emphasise that the standard approach can be very over-penalizing. I just don't know what part of our traditional analysis pipeline that could be replaced by this (for both resting state and task fmri). I don't seem to see that you input any brain data into this function?

The example command I found was this:
BayesianGroupAna.py -dataTable my_roi_data.txt  \
                            -prefix dock_of_the_bayes   \
                            -y zscore -x some_x other_x \
                            -chains 4 -iterations 1000  \
                            -plot -more_plots rhat violin
Where the table could look like this
Subj  ROI   some_y  some_x other_x
        S001  roi1  0.12    0.056  0.356
        S001  roi2  0.65    0.232  0.231
        S002  roi1  0.14    0.456  0.856
        S002  roi2  0.64    0.432  0.431
Excuse my ignorance, but are the values in these ROIs (some_y, some_x) average beta-coefficients (or R-scores form seed based resting state) for a specific task regressor? And this makes the group analysis part (e.g. 3dMVM) obsolete? Or how do you compare these ROI-values between two groups of subjects? If this is the case, can you get the same information from this as MVM when it comes to group interactions and covariets and such?

Really sorry for a basic question but this function sound really good and something we would want to explore! I'm pretty tired of all these p-values =).

Thanks in advance!
Subject Author Posted

BayesianGroupAna.py

Robin June 04, 2019 10:10AM

Re: BayesianGroupAna.py

gang June 05, 2019 10:26AM