AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 27, 2019 11:49AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am interested to know what could be the best approach to control physiological artifacts (respiration and pulse) without physiological records during the fMRI session. I am trying to use 3dDetrend or 3dTproject with higher order polynomials to control those low frequency signals. But, I read in a lot of papers that filtering (bandpass) can handle this situation very well. Do you recommend to apply 3dTproject with the bandpass option? As long as I know using higher order polynomials is similar to apply a filter. So, doing both things could be repetitive, Is that correct?

Thanks a lot,
Karel
Subject Author Posted

Best way to control physiological artifacts without physiological recordings

Karelo September 27, 2019 11:49AM