AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 20, 2019 08:45AM
Hi-

Your system check results actually look good to me (there is a bit of odd formatting in the Message Board post, but I copy+pasted those into a text editor to view them). I think the only thing you have in the bottom "please fix" section is this:
login shell 'bash', trusting user to translate code examples from 'tcsh'
... which actually isn't a problem that needs fixing, it is just informational about your terminal shell.

I believe you are running the Windows Subsystem Linux; I am going to guess that you get an error message about a "display error" and "0:0"... is that right?
In order to open "afni" or "suma" windows, you need to have a separate x-server installed. We have instructions for that here on the install page-- it is called vcXsrv:
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]
You follow those instructions, and then you just have to remember to *start the vcXsrv every time before opening an Ubuntu session*. I know this seems a bit silly, but that is just the way Windows rolls (and it's only a few clicks-- you just have to say 'yes'/'continue' when starting the Xsrv).

--pt
Subject Author Posted

AFNI install question

bochao November 20, 2019 02:51AM

Re: AFNI install question

ptaylor November 20, 2019 08:45AM

bochao November 20, 2019 10:16AM

ptaylor November 20, 2019 10:25AM