History of AFNI updates  

|
March 12, 2020 04:43PM
Hi-

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I initially thought there was a bug in the program, and so was testing a couple things.

However, I don't believe that is the case. In order to calculate ReHo, one takes a set of voxels (called a "neighborhood" here), which can be of any size, and calculates the Kendall's W of the time series within that neighborhood. By definition, the neighborhood size must be >0.

In your "-in_rois ..." dset, each neighborhood will be the ROI defined by the set of voxels with a given integer value; the number of voxels in a given neighborhood is called M. However, you are *also* applying the mask "-mask .." to the command, and basically once that mask is applied to your "-in_rois .." dset, some ROIs are entirely excluded-- they have 0 neighborhood. Therefore, the program is unhappy, and it complains that M=0 for a neighborhood (it occurs for the ROI with value=101, and possibly others-- the program crashes at the first instance of 0 neighborhood).

One way to avoid this would be to apply the mask to the ROI set ahead of time:
3dcalc \
    -a EPIRES/bold_pp_mask.nii.gz \
    -b UNC2EPI/aal2epi.nii.gz \
    -expr 'step(a)*b' \
    -prefix UNC2EPI/aal2epi_mskd.nii.gz
and then use "UNC2EPI/aal2epi_mskd.nii.gz" as your "-in_rois ..." to 3dReHo (and you would not need to use the "-mask .." option). However, I don't know if that is the kind of behavior you would want.

On a separate note, investigating this made me realize that the output format of the *.vals file is not as helpful as it could be-- it is just a single-row list of ReHo values, which might be hard to associate with the given ROI value. I will change this to be a 2 column file, where the first column is the ROI integer value, and the second will be the ReHo value.

NB: it would be possible to convert the new (nicer) format to the older one, if a script depended on that; if the old format was a.1D and new was b.1D, one could write:
1dcat b.1D'[1]'\'
to dump out b.1D as a.1D would appear.

How does that sound?

--pt
Subject Author Posted

3dReHo: ** FATAL ERROR: WARNING: either neighborhood size (M=0) or time series length (N=130) was too small!

iPadawan March 06, 2020 07:04AM

Re: 3dReHo: ** FATAL ERROR: WARNING: either neighborhood size (M=0) or time series length (N=130) was too small!

ptaylor March 12, 2020 04:43PM

Re: 3dReHo: ** FATAL ERROR: WARNING: either neighborhood size (M=0) or time series length (N=130) was too small!

iPadawan March 27, 2020 06:24AM

iPadawan March 29, 2020 05:36PM

ptaylor March 29, 2020 05:54PM

iPadawan April 02, 2020 03:06AM