AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 18, 2020 07:09PM
Hi Paul,

thanks for your elaborate answer!
I certainly enjoyed bootcamp more than the people videocalling in from Norman campus... but I think that's partly due to not a single person attending the bootcamp from over there.

Q1a: Seems reasonable, I will just do that then. And people desperate for finding an answer to the question I had will now be able to find it through the power of Google. Yeih!

Q1b: I just started processing the subject I had FS skull-stripped earlier with @SSwarper - I'll keep you posted after comparing the two versions!
But I guess a good habit for me would be to script the analysis in a way that it does @SSwarper Skull Stripping --> recon_all with no skull strip option --> @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS ---> eternal happiness.

Q2: In an ideal world I will just run AFNI on a all-linux machine. Maybe someday...
The terminal doesn't show any complaints - it does give out the information that there might be other areas nearby etc that would normally pop-up in the GUI
Internet connection in the terminal is not an issue, I can download a .html site no problem.
I talked to other people in the lab and they have the same issue.

Buuuuut: Adding AFNI_WEBBY_WAMI = NO to my .afnirc does the trick. I don't pretend to comprehend what consequences it will have if it can't connect to NeuroSynth anymore but hey - at least it's not crashing now!

It does find the TTatlas+tlrc in the bin ~/abin directory like it should.

Bonus answer:
Well good that you pointed that out - I would have run into that issue as soon as I had executed the created afni_proc.py script. I don't want to live without this review ever again.
Over are the days of command line opening processed SPM images and clicking through all the slices manuallly! ... that is, if I convince my home lab in Germany to switch to AFNI once my internship here finishes and I have to go back.

Does look a lot better:
------------------------------ python libs -------------------------------
++ module loaded: PyQt4
module file : /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/__init__.pyc

++ module loaded: matplotlib.pyplot
module file : /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.pyc

Well, anyhow, thanks for your time and I'll keep you posted on the Skull Stripping comparison.

Best
Jonas

//EDIT you guys are faster at sending out answers than I can type my response!
What Daniel suggested made it work - our internal guidelines still recommend Xming but I installed VcXSrv as you suggested, removed the entry from ~/.afnirc again and it works like a charm. Legends!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 07:17PM by Jonas_St.
Subject Author Posted

whereami GUI crash and check_dsets_for_fs.py

Jonas Steinhäuser March 18, 2020 04:33PM

Re: whereami GUI crash and check_dsets_for_fs.py

ptaylor March 18, 2020 05:09PM

Daniel Glen March 18, 2020 06:31PM

Jonas Steinhäuser March 18, 2020 07:09PM

Daniel Glen March 19, 2020 11:35AM