AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 14, 2021 06:15PM
I am using the Schaefer 400 parcels (17 networks) atlas as my ROIs for tractography using 3DTrackID. Here is my current workflow:

mri_surf2surf --> resample Schaefer parcellation from fsaverage subject onto subject of interest

FSread_annot --> convert annot file to Suma-usable niml.dset format

SurfToSurf --> register niml.dset from original surface onto standard mesh of linear density 20, 60, and 141

fat_proc_map_to_dti --> align standard mesh niml.dset data to DTI space

3dSurf2Vol -->map surface data to volume using "mode" map_func along smoothwm

3dROIMaker --> grow volumetric parcels based on wm_skeleton of dt_FA according to 0.2 threshold

The main problem with this workflow is that the Schaefer volumetric ROIs that I am creating are extremely irregular and do not look great. I also haven't loaded in the atlases, so I cannot use the whereami function. I noticed that you have released a new Schaefer atlas this year in MNI152_2009 space. I'm not sure how to incorporate these files into my set-up. Can I use the nii.gz files that you provided and transform those into my DTI space and then run 3dtrackid with those parcels? Or should I use the std141*niml.dset files that you provided and use SurfToSurf to register those with my subject and then continue with my previous workflow? I would like to eventually get to a point where I have niml.dset files to view these parcels on the surface but also volumetric files to run 3dtrackID with.

I am very new to AFNI, but I have watched all of the MIT bootcamp videos on DTI/FATCAT, SUMA, and ROIs/Atlases. Yet, I still feel confused on how to transform all of these files, and I am working with a pipeline that was made before I joined the project. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

Schaefer atlas for DTI tractography

witherscp October 14, 2021 06:15PM

Re: Schaefer atlas for DTI tractography

Daniel Glen October 14, 2021 06:34PM

witherscp October 15, 2021 09:27AM

Daniel Glen October 15, 2021 12:18PM

witherscp October 18, 2021 02:05PM