AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 29, 2020 06:06PM
Hi, Clément-

That sounds a reasonable thing to do: ReHo should provide a measure of homogeneity of time series across ROIs.

Re. "Since I increase the number of regions and so the number of subdivisions in each atlas I may expect a relatively linear increase of the mean ReHo for each atlas?"
Well, I'm not sure about that. I don't really know what to expect, to be honest. I don't know what to expect as ROIs get larger. I guess you will just have to calculate and find out.

In my view, how you equate ROIs across the different ICA splits seems harder-- inherently, at each level you will have a different number of ROIs, so how will you track the splits? (And indeed, people always talk about ICA being "data driven" and better than seedbased correlation for providing non seed-location-driven maps, but the number of ICs selected *heavily* affects the output maps and divisions of networks...)

Re. "Does this will really identify an atlas that could be 'ideal' for a correlation matrix analysis?"
Well, I don't know about being able to define and *ideal* correlation matrix-- my guess is that smaller ROIs have a better chance of being homogeneous: consider, an ROI of one voxel has a pretty homogeneous time series! So, there are probably other considerations than just homogeneity that one might want to account for. However, as a general way to proceed, looking at homogeneity seems useful; how that is balanced with size of ROIs, for example, is a separate (and harder?) question.

NB: based on this recent thread:
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]
... I have updated the output format of the ROI-based ReHo calcs to a (hopefully) nicer format. So, you might want to update your AFNI version before embarking on these calcs:
@update.afni.binaries -d

--pt
Subject Author Posted

3dReHo for brain atlas comparaison

Doughboys March 27, 2020 05:34PM

Re: 3dReHo for brain atlas comparaison

ptaylor March 29, 2020 06:06PM

Doughboys April 02, 2020 05:37PM

ptaylor April 04, 2020 12:12PM