AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 03, 2020 10:19AM
Hello Bob,
thank you for your answer! I'm going to empirically test the difference between the two cases for sure.
In the meantime, if I run 3dDeconvolve with all my regressors as "signal" and adding "polort", i.e.:
3dDeconvolve -input data.nii.gz  -num_stimts 7 -polort 5 \
-stim_file 1 A.1D -stim_label 1 CO2 \
-stim_file 2 M.par[1] -stim_label 2 Motion1 \
-stim_file 3 M.par[2] -stim_label 3 Motion2 \
-stim_file 4 M.par[3] -stim_label 4 Motion3 \
-stim_file 5 M.par[4] -stim_label 5 Motion4 \
-stim_file 6 M.par[5] -stim_label 6 Motion5 \
-stim_file 7 M.par[6] -stim_label 7 Motion6 \
[...]
I get an output similar to the one in the attached picture.
I have two follow up questions to keep the transatlantic enquiring:
1. The first brick in the output is the "Full R^2" of the model. Does that R^2 consider the whole model (signal+baseline), or only the part of the model attributed to signal?
2. In case the Full R^2 considers only the signal part of the model, would there be a way to include the polynomials in the signal part of the model as well?

Cheers,
Stefano
Attachments:
open | download - 3dDeconvolve_output.png (270.3 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Computation of R^2 and F-stats in 3dDeconvolve considering vs not considering a baseline model

smoia April 02, 2020 07:14PM

Re: Computation of R^2 and F-stats in 3dDeconvolve considering vs not considering a baseline model

RWCox April 03, 2020 09:42AM

Re: Computation of R^2 and F-stats in 3dDeconvolve considering vs not considering a baseline model Attachments

smoia April 03, 2020 10:19AM