AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 27, 2021 06:33PM
I want to project the region of interest (ROIs) from [1] on my subjects' surface and create a NIFTI file out of them. The ROIs are in 1d.dset format in AFNI. To do this, first, I mapped ROIs (e.g. v1_lh.1d.dset) on the subject surface (std.141.mysubj_lh.spec), which has been created in Freesurfer and converted to spec file using @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS, with the following command:

3dSurf2Vol -spec std.141.mysubj_lh.spec -surf_A lh.smoothwm -surf_B lh.pial -grid_parent mysubj_SurfVol.nii -sv mysubj_SurfVol.nii -map_func ave -f_steps 10 -f_index voxels -sdata_1D v1_lh.1d.dset -prefix v1_lh.nii.gz

The result was acceptable (figure below).

I want to align the NIFTI files from ROIs (e.g. v1_lh.nii.gz) with the EPI images. However, the structural image from @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS is not aligned with the EPI image. Would you please help me to align the masks (ROIs) with the EPI image?

* One solution that comes to my mind is to align the structural image with the EPI image using align_epi_anat.py. Then use the transformation matrix form align_epi_anat.py to align masks with the EPI image, but I do not know how to use the transformation matrix to transform the masks.

[1] Probabilistic Maps of Visual Topography in Human Cortex; Liang Wang, Ryan E B Mruczek, Michael J Arcaro, Sabine Kastner
Attachments:
open | download - anat.jpg (55.5 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Align mask with EPI image Attachments

Alireza September 27, 2021 06:33PM

Re: Align mask with EPI image

Daniel Glen September 28, 2021 12:34PM

Alireza October 03, 2021 05:55PM

Daniel Glen October 04, 2021 12:47AM

Re: Align mask with EPI image Attachments