AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 15, 2020 11:23AM
"Experimental" in AFNI-help-speak means that the program has not be used in a lot of cases. Which describes 3dLocalACF - as far as I know, I am the only person who has ever run this program. Any changes will only come when the program gets used again (by myself or by YOU), and issues arise.

The lower limit of at least 39 time points is from the fact that the first thing computed by the program (in each neighborhood) is the correlation of the central time series with every other voxel's time series in the neighborhood. For stability, I set the lower limit on the number of time points to 39, so that the correlations would have some meaning (e.g., with only 9 time points, what does correlation even mean?). Where did I get "39"? I just made it up.
Subject Author Posted

3dLocalACF experimental status

dowdlelt May 14, 2020 05:24PM

Re: 3dLocalACF experimental status

RWCox May 15, 2020 11:23AM

Re: 3dLocalACF experimental status

dowdlelt May 22, 2020 09:50AM