AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 25, 2020 11:34AM
Hello. I'm new to analyzing fMRI data, and have been learning how to use AFNI. I also work with mouse data.

Is there a way to resize my template so I can overlay the obtained statistical map from deconvolve and ttest++ on it? I normalize my images using SPM, but when I display both the template and normalized image, the crosshair overlaps well. I'm assuming I can't overlay it since the image dimensions are different. What option of 3drefit should I use if that's the correct function? Also, is it possible to draw ROIs on my template and resize it to fit the dimensions of my normalized images as well?

As for 3dttest++, are the values uncorrected? When I use p<0.001, I barely get any activation appearing, while 0.05 gives me a lot with n=8. Currently, I am trying to find out if my normalization process is wrong or if I am using the wrong settings. I simply input my data under setA, apply mask, and calculate. I get two warnings when I run it. 3dttest++ set A:: 234 vectors are constant AND Smallest FDR q = 0.349733 ==> few true single voxel detections...

Also, is there a way to change the default settings under the clusterize menu? I want to default it to option 1 with 20 voxels. I couldn't find such description in the environment readme.

Thank you
Subject Author Posted

Multiple Q's: Resizing template, 3dtest++, clusterize settings defaults

kbandrew June 25, 2020 11:34AM

Re: Multiple Q's: Resizing template, 3dtest++, clusterize settings defaults

Daniel Glen June 26, 2020 02:46PM