AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 26, 2020 06:51PM
Hello,

I am examining seed based functional connectivity for a group of participants across two separate scan sessions. My goal is to use 3dABoverlap to compute % positive correlation voxels that are common across both scans.

I used 3dcalc to create a mask of positive correlation voxels with the seed location, thresholded at p < 0.005 uncorrected using:
3dcalc -a input_file -prefix output_file -expr 'ispositive(a-0.2044)'

However, I would like to refine each of the masks further by only retaining voxels in the masks that are contained within a pre-specified cluster size. For example, I only want to mask voxels that have a positive correlation with the seed at p. 005 AND are part of a larger cluster of size NN3 and 40 voxels.

Is there any coding function to do this? Or would I have to open up each mask individually, set the new cluster size, and then save the surviving voxels as a new mask?

Thanks,
Jesse
Subject Author Posted

3dcalc / 3dABoverlap question

Jesse DeSimone July 26, 2020 06:51PM

Re: 3dcalc / 3dABoverlap question

ptaylor July 26, 2020 09:27PM