AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 25, 2021 06:26PM
Hi, Mrinmayi-

OK, glad that is useful.

For the PyQt4: I hope you can still show the afni_proc.py output QC HTML---I really find it useful for seeing (most) all of the pieces of the analysis in one spot. The driver scripts in each results directory are useful, too (basically, that content became the core of the QC HTML). The benefit of using Conda is that you can make an environment in which PyQt4 exists, and then also one in which the other "normal" stuff (like matplotlib+numpy) exist, and you can switch between them. Part of this is possible because essentially every AFNI Python program runs in both Python 2.7 and 3.* (I hear you asking, "Which progs don't?" and the answer is meica.py and the meica.libs/tedana.py distributed in AFNI--those were written long ago, and the developer no longer updates them, so they just live in Python 2.7).

So, you could have:
# env for uber_subject
conda create -y -n py27_tiny_pyqt4     -c conda-forge       pyqt=4  python=2.7

# env for all other analyses
conda create -y      -n py37_afni_tiny    python=3.7  matplotlib numpy
... and then "conda activate py27_tiny_pyqt4" when you want to run uber_subject.py, and "conda activate py37_afni_tiny" (or have the latter be default) when you want to do everything else.

Re videos---we now have a very "shortest of short" introduction to preparing for an AFNI Bootcamp on FMRI---some notes about background/philosophy of data analysis, some intro GUI videos, and then some lectures on the basics of single subject analysis FMRI (GLM setup, etc.). I belieeeeve it clocks in at an easily digestible 2.5 hours of videos, so surely everyone will want to do that! It is here:
[www.youtube.com]
The attendees might find that useful for sharing with others, or for quick review.

Sounds like a great summer for Milwaukee: first the Bucks win the championship, and now an AFNI FMRI workshop! (Maybe you should invite Giannis to the workshop?)

--pt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2021 06:27PM by ptaylor.
Subject Author Posted

unable to run uber_subject.py

avantika July 29, 2020 06:33PM

Re: unable to run uber_subject.py

ptaylor July 30, 2020 09:38AM

mrinmayik August 24, 2021 10:44PM

ptaylor August 25, 2021 03:34PM

mrinmayik August 25, 2021 05:50PM