AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 28, 2020 06:44AM
Thank you!

But then it sounds like my approach is correct.

I wanted my varying native resolution data to all have the same resolution (192,224,192) and that the brains are placed at the center of the volumes so that they all somewhat overlap.

But a simple 3dresample command gives me the correct grid but the brains are not moved to the center (of course)

And a simple 3dresampel command with the template as -master sometimes results in that the brain ends up at the corner of the image. It is important that the brains are centred in the volume an all somewhat overlap (not aligned to each other but basically occupies the same space).

So I re sampled the MNI-template (actually zero-padded since the template dims where very close to the wanted res) and used 3dAllineate with the template with the wanted resolution as a base. But I don't want it to actually align my brains to it (no rotation or scaling), just move them to where the MNI brain is and the -cmass -warp shift_only options seems to only preform the "shift". The individual brains seem to keep their angulations etc which is what I want. Does that seem about right?
Subject Author Posted

How to simply move the brain to center of matrix-space

Robin September 21, 2020 05:28AM

Re: How to simply move the brain to center of matrix-space

Colm Connolly September 22, 2020 09:30AM

Re: How to simply move the brain to center of matrix-space Attachments

Robin September 23, 2020 04:23AM

Daniel Glen September 24, 2020 11:19AM

Robin September 28, 2020 06:44AM