AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 16, 2020 12:34PM
> -model 'Task*age_c*constant+Task*age2*constant' \

Both age and 'constant' are quantitative variables? If so, it's better to center each properly and then create a new variable for their interaction. Is 'age2' supposed to capture the quadratic effect of age? If so, perform centering before the squaring step.

> would it be correct that I would interpret the F test for Task*age as controlling for age2

I'm not so sure that 'controlling' is the right word to describe the situation, but yes, the F test for Task*age is with the quadratic effect accounted for in the model.

> if I wanted to look at a quantitative variable that occurs at wave 1 (e.g., a constant within subject value across waves) to ask
> the question of "does this value at time one influence the relationship between task and age on whole brain activation?", would
> this be an appropriate way to think about the t test (assuming variables are centered)?

Yes, the coding -gltCode 1 'Task : 1*cond1 -1*cond2 age_c : -1 constant : 3' seems reasonable to me.

> -gltCode 2 'Task : 1*cond1 -1*cond2 age2 : constant : 3'\

This one is different from the one above and assesses the different age2 effect between the two conditions when constant is held at 3. And it would be probably better formulated as

-gltCode 2 'Task : 1*cond1 -1*cond2 constant : 3 age2 : '\

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Longitudinal 3dLME model setup / interpretation

jef October 15, 2020 12:01PM

Re: Longitudinal 3dLME model setup / interpretation

gang October 16, 2020 12:34PM

jef October 21, 2020 11:52AM

gang October 22, 2020 11:38AM